Thursday, December 18, 2008

Knock Knock

My daughters High School recently took the State football Championship for what has to be like the first time ever. Going undefeated it seemed as this team has been on fire all year long. Tonight as I watched the news I saw an alumni from her school that had went on to play Professional football for the Seahawks describe how he had made the five hour trip with this years team to the championship game. He had also been at the playoffs last year when this same team came so close only to be eliminated and he remarked on the advice he gave last years team after the game. Ron Easley had looked at the team and said "This time we knocked on the door, Next time we're going to kick the son of a bitch in!"

What does any of this have to do with business? All year long, even though my company exceeded my goals, it seems as if I have been knocking on the door and almost got an answer a time or two. As this year ends I know that knocking time has ended, next year I am going to kick the son of a bitch in! Whose coming with me?

No comments: