Monday, January 12, 2009

Off to a Good Start

As of right now, 2009 is off to a good start business wise. I have been slammed with work and the recession is showing no sign of hindering my business at all. Through nothing more than luck I have also acquired a second business complete with client base, contracts, and potential contracts in the works. This has kept me jumping to stay on top of things so neither business suffers, all clients are kept happy, and the profits continue to roll in.

To say that it hasn't taken a lot of hard work, drive and dedication to make it this far would be a flat out lie. I can remember the days when the business was first started that my business partner and myself wondered if any of it was worth it. Just building an initial client base was probably the hardest thing either of us had ever attempted. Now as I move into the third year in business I can look back at mistakes that were made and know that with every mistake came knowledge that helped me get to where I am now.

To new business owners I offer this bit of advice: Believe in yourself and whenever anyone tells you that something can't be done or that you will fail, use that to fuel your desire to succeed. Only you can kill your dream but, on the same token, only you can make your dream a reality.

Success does not come to you, you go to it!

No comments: