I wanted to pass on some knowledge I have learned from these last 2 years operating my own business for anyone else that may be interested in Starting their own business.
1. Keep your business plan flexible and know when something is not working that it is ok to change strategies.
2.Be prepared to work harder than you ever have before, hours will be longer.
3. Nobody gets rich overnight and many never do,the majority of new small businesses fail.
4. Never promise any customer what you can not deliver and always include time for problems that may arise when giving a customer an ETA for job completion.
5. You will never please everyone and sometimes it is better to let a problem customer go so you can focus attention on your less demanding customers.
6. There will always be someone that thinks they can run your business better than you, let them think what they want and pay the naysayers no mind. Negative energy only begets more negative energy.
7. You do not know everything, listen to your workers as well as your customers and whenever possible, try to compromise.
8.Uncle Sam will get his money, either set it aside or hire an accountant.
9. Problems will arise that you can not control, do not allow the stress to affect your being as it will slowly consume you and your business.
10. Take breaks for the simple things in life, after all what good is working so hard if you lose yourself in the process.
11. Be Honest...to yourself, your family, your workers, and especially your customers. While everyone may not always like what the situation honestly is, you can guarantee nobody likes to be lied to.
If you liked this post please subscribe to my RSS feed either in a reader or through Email.