Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Phone Call From Dragon Lady's Assistant

Giving up the Dragon Ladies business was a move I made a few weeks ago even though I knew it would be costing me money. I can't say that I didn't know the affect it was going to have on my wallet however what happened today was a total surprise to me.

I missed a call and upon checking my voice messages, I heard Dragon Lady's assistants voice asking me to please give her a call. This should be interesting I thought as I dialed her cell number. What she wanted to discuss with me was some really great news. It seems as if she too has tired of Dragon Lady's incompetence and bad disposition and has jumped ship to form her own company. While the thought of Dragon Lady having to finally do at least a little work herself pleased me, what I heard next pleased me more.

Dragon Lady's former assistant had started her own business and before leaving had successfully stolen the majority of the clients from Dragon Lady and I am being brought in as the lead contractor. The only thing that would be nicer is if I could have been a fly on the wall when Dragon Lady found out.

4 comments:

pizzatherapy said...

What goes around, comes around.
Yes, virginia, there is a Santa Claus.....
stay well,
albert grande

Anonymous said...

I can tell you something from my point of view as a contractor: When it comes to calculating cost, sometimes you can't factor in crazy. I think that is a factor they should teach PMs.

Sometimes you have to just leave. Looks like the worm turned for you my friend.

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

I can’t say that I condone her “stealing” a client but if she is willing to acknowledge and learn from her former bosses mistakes she will do very well.