Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Losing Customer # 1

When I first started my company, I passed out so many fliers it was crazy. I knocked on every door and spoke with anyone I could and yet no business was coming in. Things were not looking good and then one day when I was close to throwing in the towel I got a call. It was from a realtor named John and he is the person that really gave me my first chance. For the last 2 years John has helped my company grow often recommending us to others and opening doors for us that were once closed.

Today, John's property management company officially changed owners as he has sold it and moved to Florida. As I stopped in his office for the last time today, I couldn't help but feel saddened. I am not afraid of what this loss will mean to my business as John has already given me many other contacts with whom I now do business. Instead I know that I will miss going by his office, being given jobs at the last minute, joking with his secretary and the general "family attitude" that was felt there. I owe so much of what my business has grown into to John for giving me my first chance and for that I will be forever grateful. Virginia's loss is Florida's gain.

No comments: