Sunday, April 6, 2008

Quote of the Day

Today I have 2 quotes for you that go hand in hand, the first is from the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" and is :

"Take what you can, give nothing back!"

The second is from Steve Jobs:

"Why join the Navy if you can be a pirate"

Both these quotes pertain to the business world in the fact that you will always have competition willing to undercut your prices and outwork you to steal your clients. Remain vigilant and provide a quality service at a fair price to combat this and when necessary become the pirate.

8 comments:

Gerri said...

I like the quote by Steve Jobs. He is one business man I admire.

Anonymous said...

Im a pirate like Steve Jobs...

Tim said...

Personally, I like the 6 rules Jack Welch Lives by:
The six rules are:

1. Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be.

2. Be candid with everyone.

3. Don't manage, lead.

4. Change before you have to.

5. If you don't have a competitive advantage, don't compete.

6. Control your own destiny, or someone else will.

Tim
TheMoneyKings.com

Paul Eilers said...

"Yes, I am a Pirate..." - Jimmy Buffet.

Yup, I am a Pirate from East Carolina University!

Aaaarrrgh!

Sandra said...

Ah... But when is it necessary to become the pirate? :-)

Entrepreneur Life said...

Sandra, I'm glad you asked that :)
When you are Bill Gates and Apple is kicking your ass is one example of when it is necessary to become the pirate.If you don't understand the reference above please refer to "Pirates of Silicon Valley". Google it if you must.

pizzatherapy said...

I'm no pirate....I'm a pizzaman....but I really liked Tim's quote from Jack Welch...
You do control your own destiny.

pizza on earth...

Benjamin Doolittle said...

ah..i would choose to be the pirate but i believe i carma in this life so who knos mabey i would scourge the sea and plunder for riches in a former or future existance