Thursday, April 17, 2008

Setting Priorities

If you're like myself, you tend to have more than one project going at a time. While this may fit in nicely with not putting all your eggs in one basket, you do have to learn to place priority on whatever is making you the most money. My business is very time consuming however I still have a few other of my own projects in the works and am currently working with a friend to brainstorm marketing ideas for his new website.

This post is all about getting your priorities in order and remembering to focus on what is most important to your immediate goals. For myself it means spending less time on some of my other projects to insure my business doesn't suffer. For my friend, it means putting in the necessary work to insure his website is designed properly with everything working prior to launching it.

Sometimes we all need to step back from what it is we want and remember there are no short cuts in life unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You can achieve anything you desire as long as you recognize where you are and the steps you must take to get to where you want to be. Get your priorities in order and remember that nothing that comes easy is worth having and nothing worth having comes easy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I think I'm gonna disagree with you about some of this...appreciating a sunny day is easy if we just take the time...and sometimes I've worked very hard for something only to find out it wasn't worth as much as I thought...but I do agree that setting priorities is important.

Entrepreneur Life said...

I will debate this with you. While you may appreciate the sunrise, you do not own it so you truly do not "have" it, and for your second point,nothing worth having comes easy does not mean that everything you work hard for will be worth having, it simply means that IF it is worth having, you can bet there will be hard work involved in getting it, and by getting, I am once again referring to something that you can claim ownership of.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the time is just not right for one to "get" something from what he worked hard for. Talking from experience, I always realize there is a reason why I had to work hard for something, and that realization can come years later. In the meantime, yes, set your priorities.

Anonymous said...

I've never been one to set up a "To Do" list, I mostly carry the information around in my head. However, recently, I've seen the error of my ways and have taken to prioritizing (which I thought I was doing - and was to some extent). But having more structure is highly advisable if you really want to reach your given goal.